Monday, February 23, 2009

I digress . . . .

My new Russian cookbook to learn to make some of Natasha's favorite dishes




Eating MacDonalds (again!) at the mall foodcourt, complete with skating rink (just like America!)



With our new friends at marketplace near the SDA office in downtown Kiev



Today we got out and about quite a bit. I was able to pick up some souviners, we got Natasha a purse, she played more games at the arcade, yada yada yada. BUT, check out the photo above. This was the most interesting part of my day!A unique cultural photo op! We were driving into downtown Kiev when I noticed this gathering in a plaza. As we approached, our facilitator explained what was going on. Today was the Ukriainian president's birthday. I guess this was a kind of a protest. The flags are of the Communist Party. They had a stage and who knows what blaring over the PA system. The airplane says something to the effect of telling him to "Go to America". I guess they are not very pleased with him :)


1 comment:

Angie said...

Laurel, Yeah! You're almost done! Can't wait to meet Natasha. Thought of you this past weekend as we took Vanya and the girls out to the tide pools in Moss Landing. Will continue to keep you in our prayers. Blessings for a safe and easy trip home. We are so thrilled for all of you! Angie, Joe and kids.